So you’ve decided to do an internet search for insurance, but don’t know how to make sure you’re not getting taken? I recently tried the same thing, and figured I’d pass on some of the things I learned.
- Before entering any sensitive information on a website, make sure ou search for reviews for that particular site to make sure they’re legitimate. Better yet, use sites that don’t require contact info because they don’t need it to give you quotes on home, life or auto insurance.
- Make sure you gather all of the information you’ll need before starting. I was missing a few things, so starting looking through my files to get them. Then I was distracted by a phone call and I didn’t get back to the computer for a while. (I know you’ve had that happen to you too lol) Fortunately, the site I was on didn’t time out during the 15 minutes I was away from the computer, but you might not be so lucky.
- It’s important to enter all of the information that you know to be true and correct. How awful would it be to have your home, life or car premium raised because you didn’t tell the truth on your application. I’ve heard of it happening, so it could happen to anyone.
- Use a site that gets quotes from many different companies at the same time. It will save you time and effort, why not let somebody else do the work?
- Make sure that the insurance company you decide on is stable. Each state has an agency to regulate insurance companies. Go to your state’s insurance agency website, and search for company ratings.
Hopefully, theses tips will help you find a stable insurance company with low rates!