As a lot of you may know, I’m a mobile spa consultant and specialize in at-home spa treatments. The one thing I’m told often is:”I don’t have time to do this every day”. So I’m here ro show you how to pamper yourself in 5 minutes or less in the morning by giving yourself a “Busy Girl Facial”!
Normally, when you go to a spa, they wash your face with a cleanser, and then they might apply a scrub. And last but not least, they will probably do some sort of antioxidant mask. I can’t even begin to tell you how good your skin feels after just those 3 steps. But how do you recreate that experience at home, without all the time and effort? I’ll show you how.
- Use products that don’t clash, and especially avoid heavy scents. You don’t want to be the one that gets into a crowded elevator and everyone wonders what perfume you bathed in!
- Find a line that’s botanically based. If you’ve read my other posts, you’ll see that I’m a big advocate of natural ingredients.
- Choose a cleanser based on your skin age and texture, This is important because skin is not the same at every age, and some people have rosacea, acne, etc. For example, if you’re in your 50’s, you need a nourishing cleanser that won’t take the oils out of your skin. But if you’re in your 20’s, you need a cleanser that removes some (but not all) of the excess oil.
- Pick a facial scrub that doesn’t have a heavy cleanser already in it. This is important because you don’t want to clash with the cleanser you’re already using. The scrub exfoliates the dead skin cells to leave your skin nice and smooth.
- Choose an antioxidant that doesn’t have to be left on for a long period of time to work, you’ll see why in a second. I use BC’s Warming Green Tea Masque for multiple reasons. It feels really good when it warms on your face, the warmth open the pores to get a really good clean, and the antioxidants protect your skin from free radical damage and sun exposure.
OK, so the hardest part is over…choosing the products. Now you can proceed with the facial. Put of little of each in one hand, but don’t mix them if you’re using a warming mask (you want it to warm on your face, not in your hand). If you’re using the products that I have suggested, you only need a pea size amount of each because they’re concentrated. Now take your other hand and wet your face a little and then start scrubbing your face with the products. If you’re like me, you’ll scrub for a while because it feels SO refreshing in the morning! After you’re done, just rinse, pat dry and apply your lifting products and/or moisturizer. This step is important because you’ll want to lock in the moisture that you’ve just infused into your skin, and maybe get a little lift while you’re at it.
This is something that you can do every day, and you skin will glow. It takes 5 minutes or less, and your skin can feel refreshed and smooth, as if you’ve just come out of a spa! But the one rule is, you can’t call it a “Busy Girl Facial” unless it’s a BC Facial 😉
3 thoughts on “Busy Girl Facial”
you have a great writing style. I love your blogs!
I was emailed a question about how to choose the correct cleanser, moisturizer, etc for your skin age and type. It’s too long to leave as a comment on this post, so I’ll dedicate a blog post to it later this week 😉